Friday, August 27, 2010

I'M NOT EXACTLY MR. FIX IT!


Yesterday I was working on our sprinkling system, a couple of them had become clogged, so I thought I can do this. Well, I did. But in the process I got soaked, wasn't sure I could get the water turned off and thought the water police came by, not good!. It was a little stressful but turned out to be a confidence builder. It was so simple, yet I thought I had to use some big wrench to loosen them. Sometimes we can make life more complicated than it really is. It reminds me of Philippians 4:6 (NLT)

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."

I am glad that God is concerned about little things. Because it proves to me that what is important to me is important to Him, however small my concern may be. Including a tiny screw that I dropped in the grass which was needed for the sprinkler to work. Well, it was found and I am glad and they're working. I am not Mr Fix It, but I know who is.


BTW Thanks for my nice welcome to blogland. Was encouraged by your comments.

9 comments:

From the Recliner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wanda said...

Yes, dearest you did get soaked... Where did you put those wet clothes???? Thanks for fixing the sprinklers...

Cherdecor said...

I am glad that it was a simple fix, Mr. Fix It.
About the wet clothes, let's just say, "You really get into your work!"

Cherdecor said...

You might be interested in my husband's photo blog at http://2010dailylancasterphoto.blogspot.com/

kc bob said...

Kudos Don for getting a bit out of your comfort zone!

I am so glad to out of the suburbs. Working on my broken sprinklers always cost me a lot of money. :)

Angela Marie said...

Well good for you! It feels good to give something a try and succeed. I could see why it felt stressful with the water police and all. They drive in our neighborhood all of the time now, just waiting to see who is going to use the water when they aren't supposed to.

I am glad you found your screw to the sprinkler!
:)

turquoise cro said...

Phew! YOU should have seen my husband, daughter and me working on of all things, an electrical cord going to a refrigerator! Talk about 3 stooges!! Ouch, those little wires inside hurt! It took all 3 of us to get the fridge back up and running! but we did it! Thanks to our cousin who talked us through it! My mom wants him to come check it soon though! hehe YOU kept cooler at least while working!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

are you on a water ration? Good you are doing jobs.

I like your header photo. It makes me feel I am sitting in your living room and looking into a beautiful scene.

You thank your lovely wife, she had done the best advertising for you.

Michael said...

I am certainly not a fixer upper either. LOL.

You have such a warm great smile there Don. you two must be very loving warm people. how blessed your kids and grandkids are.