Friday, January 26, 2024

SHUT MY MOUTH

Well,

 Shut My Mouth!!!

Proverbs 10:19 (NLT) 

19 Too much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and keep your mouth shut. 

One of the challenges or struggles I deal with, every day, is mouth control. My tendence is to overstate a case or issue. Such becomes a frustration to me and an affliction to family and friends. But, I am full of it, I can't help it. It's just that I enjoy studying the Bible so much I just want to share what I am learning from the Lord. 

But enough is enough and too much of a great thing becomes overwhelming because it is to much to hear it all. The question come to me: "Is there end to it? My answer is no. But there can be control so that people can listen and be encouraged. The Bible clearly tells me, Don, how to do this.

First, one of the fruits of the Spirit is "SELF-CONTROL." 22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, "23 gentleness, and self-control....." Galatians 5:22-23 (NLT

When I submit to the Holy Spirt here is the result: God is pleased, Wanda's Doctor is happy, Wanda, herself is thrilled and it gives great joy to my family and friends. Well, shut my mouth, what a blessing! So now I will daily consider the following verses:

Proverbs 17:27 (NLT) 

27 A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered.

James 1:19 (NLT) 

'19 Understand this, my dear (Don) brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak,......"

To God be the Glory!!!


1 comment:

photowannabe said...

Whew...Don...this is great..
I think we are all guilty of not shutting our mouths and listening more..
Words well spoken..
Thank you
Sue