Thursday, April 24, 2014

DON’T GIVE UP


2 Corinthians 1:8 (NLT)
     We think you ought to know, dear brothers and sisters, about the trouble we went through in the province of Asia. We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it.

Father, this is such a startling confession by the Apostle Paul. Yet, it speaks so painfully well of his human condition and frailty. Life with all of its wonders can seem like a wreck at times.
 
And the Apostle continues and says: ”In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead.”
2 Corinthians 1:9 (NLT)

Father that is our hope in times of debilitating despair, to not give up. Well do I remember Father, many years ago when in a season of brokenness, and barren dryness of soul the following song was like soft rain that brought such refreshing and renewal.

Don’t give up
Someone really loves you
Don’t give up
Someone really cares
Don’t give up
Someone really loves you
And that someone is the Lord

Keep the faith
Someone really loves you
Keep the faith
Someone really cares
Keep the faith
Someone really loves you
And that someone is the Lord

And Father I recall your word in a very personal way: “Long ago the LORD said to me: “I have loved you, Don, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. 4 I will rebuild you, my son. You will again be happy and dance merrily with your tambourines.” Jeremiah 31:3-4 (NLT)

Father thank you that I have lived to see that day and tell the story of that love which always encourages us to: Don’t Give Up.


Healing Grace - Alive @ Saddleback - Album Rick Muchow “Don’t Give Up”

 

2 comments:

Martha said...

Thank you for the olive leaf today.
:0)

Wanda said...

I really love your article, dearest.

So glad you found the song. It says it so well.