Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year New Hope


Why We Can Have A Positive View of 2013
 
We must deal with reality and reason.

Reality
2012 left us with financial fear, trembling from violence against the innocent, natural disaster that reeked havoc, and a world with an uncertain future. How depressing. So, what basis do we have to be positive about 2013? 

Reason
Here is how the Bible tells us to be confident about 2013

Psalms 46:1-3 & 11 (NCV)
1 God is our protection and our strength. He always helps in times of trouble. 2 So we will not be afraid even if the earth shakes, or the mountains fall into the sea, 3 even if the oceans roar and foam, or the mountains shake at the raging sea. 11The Lord All-Powerful is
with us; the God of Jacob is our defender.


Five Practical and Positive Principles
1. God is our Protection
 
2. God is our Strength

3. God is our Help

4. God is With us

5. God is our Defender

Our response to this is "we will not be afraid ...."

    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.   Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

Whatever the new year holds, God is with us and that has always proven to be more than enough!

My Prayer for You........
Romans 15:13 (ESV)
13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit
you may abound in hope.   
 
Amen!!!

7 comments:

Wanda said...

I like this a lot.

If I hadn't already picked me a verse for 2013, I think I would choose Isa. 41:10.

I am very optimistic about 2013. Especially if we remember these great verses to hold on too.

ChrisJ said...

He is my Rock, my Light and my Salvation,; my Refuge, my Comfort, my Redeemer, the Lamp to my path, my Teacher and my Guide ... and more. Where would I be without Him?

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Thank you for this post and these reassuring verses.

kc bob said...

Great thoughts Don. God's presence makes all the difference.

Martha said...

You don't know how much I need this right now...

Thank you.

Nonnie said...

positive reassurances, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Excellent article. Keep posting such kind of info on your blog.
Im really impressed by your site.
Hi there, You have done an excellent job. I'll definitely digg it and for my part recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this website.

Feel free to visit my site - click the following post